The other day I happened to see Goal Zero’s Nomad 7M Solar Panel. According to the website:
- USB charging port
- Compatible with most USB devices
- 12 Volt DC charging port
- Includes 12 Volt female cigarette adapter
- 30% smaller than comparable panels
- Only weighs 13 ounces
- Pocket for devices and for cell charger
- Compact foldable fabric case
- Durable loops for hanging
- 5+ year lifespan
Ok, I have to admit. The “kuil” factor got my attention. And since we purchased a portable solar radio a few years ago, this caught my eye. In the full sun it takes two hours to charge a Garmin GPS and up to four hours to charge a GoPro camera.
So I have to ask – how useful would this device be for you and under what conditions?